Volunteers in the News
June 24, 2017 – News Leader, “Volunteers Honored at Gift of Time”
June 23, 2017 – City of Springfield: 2017 Gift of Time Awards
June 5, 2017 – News Leader, “Academic All Stars Team 1”
September 1, 2016 – Biz 417, “20 Under 30 Class of 2016”
June 16, 2015 – News Leader, “24th annual Gift of Time Awards”
As an Isabel’s House volunteer, you can become a valued part of #TeamIsabel in a number of ways, including:
- serving alongside our staff, taking care of our kids
- cooking, cleaning, gardening, and fixing things up
- working in our offices and on organization projects
- fund raising and assisting with community outreach
- advocating for child abuse and neglect prevention in the Ozarks
Are you a teacher at heart? At our house, you could be an expert homework helper! Do you love to share your experiences as a parent or grandparent? At our house, there’s a child who needs your gentle guidance. Did you write the family cookbook? At our house, we fill each little tummy about 35 times during an average stay!
You have something great to offer our kids, and we’re looking for the best of the best to join us in our mission to strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect.
To be notified during the next round of open volunteer applications at Isabel’s House, please submit an inquiry to the office of Kory Wilcox, Community Liaison, on or before:
- The week of February 5th, 2018
- The week of August 27th, 2018
Take the next step today:
- Click here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, best contact details, and why you are interested in serving at Isabel’s House
- Note any associated groups or organizations, as well as any hours requirements you hope to fulfill
- Be patient – our volunteer screening process takes time (but, it’s worth it!)
SCREENING: Requirements may vary depending on your volunteer position, but all roles that include time spent inside our House will require state and federal background screenings, health screenings, character references, and appropriate online and on-site training.
MINIMUM AGE: Due to the nature of our work with children and families in crisis, Isabel’s House requests the minimum age to volunteer on site as 18 years or older.
SERVICE HOURS: We welcome “Service Learning” and “Community Service” volunteers, but Isabel’s House is not a suitable site for short-term individual volunteering. We are currently only accepting applications for assignments that have at least 40 hours to be fulfilled.
COMMITMENT: We are currently requesting a 6 month minimum commitment with at least 1.5 hours of weekly or bi-weekly service at our House.
STARTING DATE: Our application process can take 6-8 weeks from time you receive an application – which may be several weeks after you first inquire. Anticipated start dates for new individual applicants completing training in 2017-18 are: November 1 and May 1.