In-kind donations are welcomed weekdays, 9am-4pm, or by appointment, at Isabel’s House, 2750 West Bennett, Springfield, MO! We need help from our community to make sure our pantries and closets are stocked and ready for any variation of up to 20 kids ages birth to 12.
This list was last updated October 10, 2016.
URGENT NEEDS: Please consider purchasing new items for 0-12 month old babies to provide as helpful supports for our families. We like to send home developmentally-appropriate toys and activities, and we don’t have much in our inventory for that age group right now.
- New Shoes are also immediately needed! Shoe sizes with greatest need:
- ANY HALF SIZES
- Toddler Boys 4 and 6-13
- Youth Boys/Mens 2, 3, 5, 7, and 9-12
- Toddler Girls 7-9 and 12-13
- Youth Girls/Womens 1, 4-6, and 8-12
- Gift Cards for clothing and household needs
- Baby wipes (all varieties, scent-free is best)
- Scent-free feminine hygiene products
- Ethnic hair products & hair wraps
- Wi-fi enabled iPads or tablets
- Sheets for portable cribs and Pack & Plays
- Non-perishable meal items to send home with our families
- Healthy, kid-friendly snacks (dried fruit & trail mix, especially)
- “Goldbug” style INFANT socks
- Age-appropriate (E) XBox video games, especially for girls
- Bus Passes (30-day) and Taxi Vouchers for families
- Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Pods
- Scent-free Laundry Detergent
- Toddler clothing (all sizes and genders)
- FujiFilm “Instax” Mini Film
- Sleep Sacks, sizes L and XL
- Light Bulbs (help us go long-life and energy-efficient!)
- Card stock, white and various colors
- Tempera Paints
- Permanent Metallic Markers/Fabric Pens
- Enfamil Newborn, Infant, or Gentlease formula, unopened
- Command Strips (all sizes)
- LARGE Reusable Shopping Bags
Making Your Donation
When you arrive at Isabel’s House to deliver a donation:
- Please ring the front doorbell and wait for our team.
- State that you are here to drop off a donation.
- A team member will assist you and prepare a receipt.
- Note: larger gifts may be directed to our back door.
- Note: our team is instructed to always write a receipt.
- Note: we are a secure and confidential facility, and at times you may be asked not to enter the house.
Tax Receipts are available for all donations. If you have made a donation and need a tax receipt, please contact us. By law, Isabel’s House team members cannot determine the value of items or services. If you need help determining the tax-deductible value of your in-kind donation to Isabel’s House, please refer to IRS article 561.
The Wish List at Isabel’s House is expansive and always changing! If you or your organization has an idea for a drive or collection campaign, please contact Kory Wilcox, Community Liaison: Click here.
We generally accept…
- New (preferred) and gently used:
- children’s clothing & accessories (infant to pre-teen)
- clean bedding
- hygiene products
- school supplies
- developmentally-focused toys & games
- kids’ books
- craft projects
- pajamas, coats, underwear, and shoes
- unopened snacks, drinks, and formula
- kitchen & cooking supplies.
For almost all items, our “golden rule” is: if it’s not special enough for your children, it’s probably not special enough for our children! If our team determines that an item you donated cannot be used well at Isabel’s House, we partner with other local organizations like Springfield Victory Mission to ensure that all gifts are able to make a tangible difference for families living in our community.
We generally do NOT accept…
- ITEMS FOR ADULTS & OLDER TEENS: Consider contacting Harmony House or Rare Breed.
- LARGE APPLIANCES OR FURNITURE: Consider contacting The Kitchen or Habitat for Humanity.
- NURSERY DECOR & STUFFED TOYS: Consider contacting LifeHouse or Sammy’s Window.
- WORN OUT CLOTHING/ITEMS (torn, faded, stained or tattered): Please direct these to organizations such as Goodwill where they can be sorted well and then properly recycled, if needed.
- CAR SEATS: Due to liability concerns, many charities (including Isabel’s House) cannot take used car seats or booster seats. If your seats are not expired, we recommend simply passing them on to friends & family.