In-kind donations are welcomed weekdays, 9am-4pm, or by appointment, at Isabel’s House, 2750 West Bennett, Springfield, MO. We need help from our community to make sure our pantries and closets are stocked and ready for any variation of up to 20 kids ages birth to 12.
However, we’re also just a house! If you have a very large donation or collection, please contact us to ensure our team is ready to receive your generous gift.
This list was last updated April 27, 2017.
URGENT NEEDS: Please consider purchasing NEW Boys Underwear sizes 2t to 14 (colors, characters, and boxer briefs are all in demand!) for use while kids are at Isabel’s House and to include with the new clothing our children receive at discharge.
- Current Shoe Sizes with greatest need:
- ANY HALF SIZES
- Toddler Boys 4, 7, and 11-13
- Youth Boys/Mens ALL SIZES
- Toddler Girls 3-4 and 7
- Youth Girls/Womens 3-4 and 9-12
- NEW Girls Clothing 10/12 (tween sizes)
- NEW Boys Clothing XXL (junior sizes)
- NEW Infant & Toddler SOCKS (we do not need “big kid” socks)
- Boys Deodorant
- NEW Infant Sun Hats
- Diaper Doo or Desitin Cream
- Kid-friendly (fun!) Toothpaste
- Diapers, sizes 4/5/6, any brand
- Pull-ups, all sizes/genders
- NEW Waterproof/vinyl lined standard pillows
- New or lightly-used Pack & Plays or Portable Cribs
- Bubbles and Bubble Supplies
- Melting/Iron Craft Beads
- NEW Small Toys (pocket games, matchbox cars, beanie babies, little puzzles, fidgets, etc.)
- Activities for older girls (Hair Beads, Nail Polish, etc.)
- Oil, brushes & wraps for Ethnic Hair
- WiFi enabled iPads or tablets
- Gift Cards for clothing and household needs
- Baby wipes (all varieties, scent-free is best)
- Scent-free Laundry Detergent
- Batteries, especially AA size (we do not need C size)
- Non-perishable meal items to send home with our families
- Healthy, kid-friendly snacks (dried fruit & trail mix, especially)
- Paper products (plates, tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- Bus Passes (Week) / Taxi Vouchers / Uber/Lyft cards for families
- Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Pods
- FujiFilm “Instax” Mini Film
- Light Bulbs (help us go long-life and energy-efficient!)
- Enfamil Gentlease formula, new/unopened
- Command Strips (all sizes)
NOTE: We currently do not have an immediate need for blankets and are running low on space to store additional blankets. Please consider contacting Rare Breed, Salvation Army Shelter, Safe to Sleep, or another local organization serving children and families in need to make sure these items can be best utilized by our neighbors.
Making Your Donation
When you arrive at Isabel’s House to deliver a donation:
- Please ring the front doorbell and wait for our team.
- State that you are here to drop off a donation.
- A team member will assist you and prepare a receipt.
- Note: larger gifts may be directed to our back door.
- Note: our team is instructed to always write a receipt.
- Note: we are a secure and confidential facility, and at times you may be asked not to enter the house.
Tax Receipts are available for all donations. If you have made a donation and need a tax receipt, please contact us. By law, Isabel’s House team members cannot determine the value of items or services. If you need help determining the tax-deductible value of your in-kind donation to Isabel’s House, please refer to IRS article 561.
The Wish List at Isabel’s House is expansive and always changing! If you or your organization has an idea for a drive or collection campaign, please contact Kory Wilcox, Community Liaison: Click here.
We generally accept…
- New (preferred) and gently used:
- children’s clothing & accessories (infant to pre-teen)
- clean bedding
- hygiene products
- school supplies
- developmentally-focused toys & games
- kids’ books
- craft projects
- pajamas, coats, underwear, and shoes
- unopened snacks, drinks, and formula
- kitchen & cooking supplies.
For almost all items, our “golden rule” is: if it’s not special enough for your children, it’s probably not special enough for our children! If our team determines that an item you donated cannot be used well at Isabel’s House, we partner with other local organizations like Springfield Victory Mission to ensure that all gifts are able to make a tangible difference for families living in our community.
We generally do NOT accept…
- ITEMS FOR ADULTS & OLDER TEENS: Consider contacting Harmony House or Rare Breed.
- LARGE APPLIANCES OR FURNITURE: Consider contacting The Kitchen or Habitat for Humanity.
- NURSERY DECOR & STUFFED TOYS: Consider contacting LifeHouse or Sammy’s Window.
- WORN OUT CLOTHING/ITEMS (torn, faded, stained or tattered): Please direct these to organizations such as Goodwill where they can be sorted well and then properly recycled, if needed.
- CAR SEATS: Due to liability concerns, many charities (including Isabel’s House) cannot take used car seats or booster seats. If your seats are not expired, we recommend simply passing them on to friends & family.