In-kind donations are welcomed weekdays, 9am-4pm, or by appointment, at Isabel’s House, 2750 West Bennett, Springfield, MO. We need help from our community to make sure our pantries and closets are stocked and ready for any variation of up to 20 kids ages birth to 12.
However, we’re also just a house! If you have a very large donation or collection, please contact us to ensure our team is ready to receive your generous gift.
PLEASE REFERENCE THE FDA LIST OF RECENTLY RECALLED FOOD ITEMS, INCLUDING RITZ CRACKERS AND GOLDFISH CRACKERS, TO MAKE SURE YOUR DONATION DOES NOT INCLUDE THESE ITEMS
This list was last updated July 30, 2018.
- NEW Clothing/Outfits (4t-14/16)
- NEW Socks (all sizes & genders)
- NEW Underwear (all sizes & genders, please no white)
- NEW Sandals & Sneakers (all sizes & genders)
- NEW Backpacks
- Large size reusable shopping bags/totes
- Gloves (blue nitrile, clear exam/food safety)
- Hair Picks, Wide Combs, Oils, Wraps and other supplies for coarse and ethnic hair
- “As I Am” and Shea Moisture Hair Products
- Building Kits, Science Kits, Travel/Car Activity Kits
- Non-Teflon Baking Pans
- New-release Movies on DVD (G, PG)
- Outdoor “Adirondack” style plastic chairs – child and adult sizes
- Gift Cards for clothing and household needs
- Light Bulbs (help us go long-life and energy-efficient!)
- Non-perishable meal items to send with families
- NEW Children’s/Girls’ Hair Brushes
- Kid-friendly snack items (no peanuts, please)
- FujiFilm “Instax” Mini Film
- Organic/Natural/Special Dietary Pantry Items
- Hygiene items: Toothpaste, Vasoline, Eucerin, Cocoa Butter
- Bus Passes (Week) / Taxi Vouchers / Uber/Lyft cards
- Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Pods
- Diapers (2+) and Pull-ups (2t-5t)
- Enfamil Gentlease formula, new/unopened
- Command Strips (all sizes)
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Copy paper, Masking tape
Due to storage and/or program limitations, we do NOT have an immediate need for:
- Board Games
- Newborn/Infant clothing
- Hats & gloves
- Adult blankets
When you arrive at Isabel’s House to deliver a donation:
- Please ring the front doorbell and wait for our team.
- State that you are here to drop off a donation.
- A team member will assist you and prepare a receipt.
- Note: larger gifts may be directed to our back door.
- Note: our team is instructed to always write a receipt.
- Note: we are a secure and confidential facility, and at times you may be asked not to enter the house.
Tax Receipts are available for all donations. If you have made a donation and need a tax receipt, please contact us. By law, Isabel’s House team members cannot determine the value of items or services. If you need help determining the tax-deductible value of your in-kind donation to Isabel’s House, please refer to IRS article 561.
The Wish List at Isabel’s House is expansive and always changing! If you or your organization has an idea for a drive or collection campaign, please contact Kory Wilcox, Director of Development & Community Engagement: Click here.
We frequently receive calls about baby gear and nursery furniture. We can accept some items routinely, but most items require more space to store than we have available, unless we know of a family with an immediate need. If in doubt, please call to determine if we are the right fit for these items.
- Pack & Plays / Play-Pens – YES
- Cribs/Bassinets/Mattresses – NO
- Toddler Beds/Mattresses – NO
- High Chairs – CALL
- Rock & Plays – YES
- Baby Bouncers – YES
- Play Yards / Fences / Gates – CALL
- Baby Walkers – YES
- Baby Carriers – YES
- Rocking Chairs – CALL
- Toy Organization/Storage – CALL
- Strollers – CALL
- Car Seats – NO (see note below)
Due to liability concerns, many charities (including Isabel’s House) cannot under any circumstances accept or utilize used car seats or booster seats. For additional reading on this topic: click here.
- New (preferred) and like-new:
- children’s clothing & accessories (infant to pre-teen)
- clean twin/toddler/crib bedding
- bright/colorful/kid-patterned blankets
- unopened hygiene products
- school supplies
- developmentally-focused toys & games
- current kids’ DVDs & XBox360 games
- craft projects & kits
- pajamas, coats, underwear, socks, and shoes
- unopened snacks, drinks, and formula
- kitchen & cooking supplies
- household paper products
For almost all items, our “golden rule” is: if you wouldn’t keep it in your own house, it may not be a good fit for our house! If our team determines that an item you donated cannot be used well at Isabel’s House, we partner with other local organizations to make sure every gift will be able to make a tangible difference for our community.
- Unsorted/unlabeled containers of used items
- Clothing & jewelry for Adults or older Teens
- Open or expired food/diapers/hygiene products
- Used nursery decor and stuffed toys
- Adult (PG-13+) movies, books or games
- VHS Tapes/players or CRT (tube) Televisions
- Purses, handbags, totes, or luggage
- Large appliances or electronics
- Household “knickknacks”
- Furniture or mattresses
- Full/Queen/King or larger bedding
- Chemicals/paint/cleaning supplies
- Worn out or soiled clothing/items
We know how important it is that your gifts make a positive impact in our community. If you have items to donate that cannot be accepted at Isabel’s House, please consider researching the needs of a few of our local friends and collaborating agencies:
The Kitchen, Inc./Rare Breed Youth Services
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
LifeHouse Crisis Maternity Home
Foster Adopt Connect/Sammy’s Window
Big Brothers Big Sisters/Think Big Foundation
Junior League of Springfield/The Plaid Door