In-kind donations are welcomed weekdays, 9am-4pm, or by appointment, at Isabel’s House, 2750 West Bennett, Springfield, MO. We need help from our community to make sure our pantries and closets are stocked and ready for any variation of up to 20 kids ages birth to 12.
However, we’re also just a house! If you have a very large donation or collection, please contact us to ensure our team is ready to receive your generous gift.
We do not have an immediate need for books, hats & gloves, blankets or infant clothing and are running low on space to store these items. If you need ideas for another local organization serving children and families in need, to make sure these items can be best utilized by our neighbors, please contact us.
This list was last updated June 15, 2018.
- Kid-Friendly Pantry Snacks with the greatest need
- BelVita Breakfast Bars
- Cheez-its, cheese crackers
- Pretzel twists & sticks
- NutriGrain Bars (fruit flavors)
- Nature Valley chewy biscuits (no peanuts)
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- Trail Mix (no peanuts)
- Nutella Go Packs (pretzel or cookie sticks)
- Fruit Cups packed in 100% juice
- Chewy granola bars
- Dried fruits / Fruit & Veggie chips
- Shoe Sizes with the greatest need
- Girls Toddler 7-8, 11
- Girls Youth 3-4, 9-10
- Boys Youth 8-11
- NEW Girls’ Sun Dresses (3t-7/8)
- NEW Socks (all sizes & genders)
- NEW Underwear (all sizes & genders, please no white)
- Summer Outdoor Gear: Bubbles, Chalk, Yard Games
- Large size reusable shopping bags/totes
- FujiFilm “Instax” Mini Film
- iTunes/Amazon Gift Cards for current Kids’ Music
- Hair Picks, Wide Combs, Oils, Wraps and other supplies for coarse and ethnic hair
- “As I Am” and Shea Moisture Hair Products
- Building Kits, Science Kits, Travel/Car Activity Kits
- Non-Teflon Baking Pans
- Water Toys: Sprinkler attachments, Sprayers, Water tables (no water balloons, please)
- Outdoor “Adirondack” style plastic chairs – child and adult sizes
- Gift Cards for clothing and household needs
- Light Bulbs (help us go long-life and energy-efficient!)
- Non-perishable meal items to send with families
- NEW Children’s/Girls’ Hair Brushes
- Organic/Natural/Special Dietary Pantry Items
- Hygiene items: Toothpaste, Vasoline, Eucerin, Cocoa Butter
- Bus Passes (Week) / Taxi Vouchers / Uber/Lyft cards
- Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Pods
- Diapers (2+) and Pull-ups (2t-5t)
- Enfamil Gentlease formula, new/unopened
- Command Strips (all sizes)
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Cardstock, Copy paper, Masking tape
Making Your Donation
When you arrive at Isabel’s House to deliver a donation:
- Please ring the front doorbell and wait for our team.
- State that you are here to drop off a donation.
- A team member will assist you and prepare a receipt.
- Note: larger gifts may be directed to our back door.
- Note: our team is instructed to always write a receipt.
- Note: we are a secure and confidential facility, and at times you may be asked not to enter the house.
Tax Receipts are available for all donations. If you have made a donation and need a tax receipt, please contact us. By law, Isabel’s House team members cannot determine the value of items or services. If you need help determining the tax-deductible value of your in-kind donation to Isabel’s House, please refer to IRS article 561.
The Wish List at Isabel’s House is expansive and always changing! If you or your organization has an idea for a drive or collection campaign, please contact Kory Wilcox, Community Liaison: Click here.
We generally accept…
- New (preferred) and like-new:
- children’s clothing & accessories (infant to pre-teen)
- clean bedding
- hygiene products
- school supplies
- developmentally-focused toys & games
- current kids’ movies & games
- craft projects & kits
- pajamas, coats, underwear, socks, and shoes
- unopened snacks, drinks, and formula
- kitchen & cooking supplies
For almost all items, our “golden rule” is: if you wouldn’t put it in your own house, it may not be a good fit for our house! If our team determines that an item you donated cannot be used well at Isabel’s House, we partner with other local organizations like Springfield Victory Mission to ensure that all gifts are able to make a tangible difference for families living in our community.
Baby gear FAQs
We frequently receive calls about baby gear and nursery furniture. We can accept some items routinely, but some items require more space to store than we have available, unless we know of a family with an immediate need. If in doubt, please call to determine if we are the right fit for these items.
- Pack & Plays / Play-Pens – YES
- Cribs and Bassinets – NO
- High Chairs – CALL
- Rock & Plays – YES
- Baby Bouncers – YES
- Play Yards / Fences / Gates – CALL
- Baby Walkers – YES
- Rocking Chairs – YES / CALL
- Toy Organization/Storage – YES / CALL
- Strollers – YES / CALL
- Car Seats – NO (see note below)
We generally do NOT accept…
- ITEMS FOR ADULTS & OLDER TEENS: Consider contacting Harmony House or Rare Breed.
- LARGE APPLIANCES OR FURNITURE: Consider contacting The Kitchen or Habitat for Humanity.
- NURSERY DECOR & STUFFED TOYS: Consider contacting LifeHouse or Sammy’s Window.
- WORN OUT CLOTHING/ITEMS (torn, faded, stained or tattered): Please direct these to organizations such as Goodwill where they can be sorted well and then properly recycled, if needed.
- CAR SEATS: Due to liability concerns, many charities (including Isabel’s House) cannot take used car seats or booster seats. If your seats are not expired, we recommend simply passing them on to friends & family.